MANASO is implementing a Tuberculosis project focusing on the mining sector. The project is funded by ACHAP and its been running since 2017 excepting 2018 and 2019. The project focuses on improved access to TB care, prevention, treatment and support development of community responses. The objectives of the project are:
- Improve access to TB, Silicosis and HIV services by Key Populations.
- Support case detection and diagnosis through community screening and contact tracing.
- Support the removal of human rights and gender related barriers to TB care and Prevention.
- Support capacity building, planning and leadership development for key population.
The project is being implemented in Chiradzulu and core activities being implemented include:
- Conducting TB screening and active case finding – DIT
- Engaging care providers
- Identifying human rights and gender barriers
- Implementing advocacy & sensitization activities
- Developing community based programs