The secretariat acts as a hub or central point for coordinating the network. The Secretariat is based in Lilongwe. The secretariat performs the following functions:
- Co-ordinate programs, finance, and administrative issues.
- Develop and implement organizational policies, systems, and procedures for effective network co-ordination.
- Networking and collaborating with all key relevant stakeholders at both national and international level.
- Measure the impact of the network to ensure efficiencies
- Coordinator of CBOs, FBOs, LNGOS working in HIV/AIDS sector