To achieve implementation of various programs, MANASO is looking for dynamic, qualified and highly experienced individuals who are ready to join a team of motivated staff to work as below:
- POSITION: PROJECT OFFICER.
• The Project Officer shall report to MANASO Programs Manager
• The Project Officer will be closely supported and mentored by MANASO Programs Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Project officer roles are as follows:
• Be the link between the Secretariat and the districts by:
Liaising with district coordinators on all activities taking place in the districts
Reviewing district work plans before sharing with the Programs Manager
Back stopping the districts’ teams on various activities.
• Take a lead in the management and coordination of all Secretariat- led project activities thus those activities that do not have specific District Coordinators.
• Assist the Programs Manager in Project planning, reporting and management of specific project with strict deadlines.
• Assist in tracking progress made against planned activities on a monthly basis; and providing regular feedback to the entire project team
• Work hand in hand with the Communication and Advocacy Officer to lead in advocacy for equal access to and accountability for SRHR and HIV services under PAI and COMPASS project as well as other related projects implemented by MANASO
• Design community monitoring and advocacy training tools/manual for project personnel at all levels with support from the M & E lead and the Programs Manager.
• Prepare activity and periodic (Monthly, quarterly and annual) progress reports including documenting success stories.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with District Coordinators and national implementing partners and stakeholders.
• Managing projects’ budgets.
• With the support of the M&E Officer, contribute in setting up effective systems for monitoring, evaluation and isolation of issues for advocacy.
• Contribute to concept note and proposal development.
Qualifications and Competencies.
- Degree in Social sciences, Nursing, Public Administration or Health.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience working in Civil Society Organizations
- Excellent knowledge of Sexual Reproductive Health rights and HIV-AIDS.
- Experience managing, supervising and motivating staff, and addressing performance challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral presentation skills, articulate in written/spoken English.
- POSITION: DISTRICT CO-ORDINATOR BASED IN MULANJE.
The Project District Coordinator will report to Program Manager while collaboratively working with other stakeholders including Health Facilities staff and NGOs in SRHR thematic area among others.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure effective operation of the district activities
• Responsible for recruitment and supervision of project volunteers and facilitators.
• Plan monthly activities, share with Project teams and implement according to work plan.
• Build a sound working relationship and engagement with district stakeholders as well as targeted health facilities.
• Document lessons learnt and challenges to inform program decisions.
• Community coordinating, supervision and facilitating the implementation of community led activities in line with the project guidelines.
• Supervise and support data collectors by carrying out quality data spot checks, data quality assessment, verification and validation.
• Adhere to budget by monitoring expenses and implementing cost-saving measures
• Submit timely reports to the Program Manager or designate; ensuring timely filing, and reporting
• Support Data collectors in collecting data using the non-facility-based tools at a number of sites, including through direct in field support, and collation and analysis of data collected.
Qualification and Competencies
• Diploma in Public health, clinical medicine, nursing or Social Studies. Those with a degree will have an added advantage.
• Three to five years working experience at community level in HIV-AIDS, SRH or any related field.
• Knowledge in gender issues;
• Willing to work with KPs, AGYW, PLHIV, MSM, FSW and support groups
• Project management skills and drive to achieve results, to ensure timely delivery of activities;
• Willing to work with partners and multi-sectoral teams; and
• Experience working on advocacy issues.
• Holders of a Driver’s licence ( motor cycle ) will have an added advantage
MANASO offers equal opportunities in employment to all qualified persons, therefore women candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you believe you meet the requirements for any of the positions, please write to us a motivational letter enclosing a detailed and up to date Curriculum Vitae, names of 3 referees, email addresses and day telephone by 3rd September, 2021 and address your application as per instruction below.
- For Vacancies please use the following email; firstname.lastname@example.org; or post to the address below.
The Executive Director
Area 47 / 4 / 633
P.O. Box 30493.
Tel: +265 999 970 115
Closing date for vacancy applications is 16:00 hrs of Friday the 3rd September 2021.